New Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzvii

Baseband Member
Alright, I'm building a new desktop. I have a budget of about $1500, give or take a bit. This rig is going to be strictly for gaming. I need it to be able to run 5-10 copies of WoW at once.. don't ask me why lol. I really have no idea what I'm doing here... I've attempted to make a build, but it failed too badly to be worth posting. Anyone want to give me a good build? I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I'd rather it be around $1500, but I can go up to around $2000 if needed. I want the 9800 GX2 to be part of the build for sure, really like that card lol. Unless there are other cards that would better... if so tell me!

Leveling 10 accounts at the same time? Then gold farming? Wait, can you even log in so many times?

intel q6600 with tuniq tower or TRUE. overclock
2GB crucial with win XP or 4gb crucial with vista
8800 gts g92
asus maximus formula x38
case of choice
seagate 7200.11 hd
edit~ oh forgot psu. corsair 520 or 620hx.
some dvd drive.

or 4gb ram+ and xp if youre running a bunch of instances of WoW at the same time. i havent tried to run 2 games at once in a long time. didnt know it could be done. i tried once and it would just crash one of them saying some driver was in use.

Leveling 10 accounts at the same time? Then gold farming? Wait, can you even log in so many times?
No, then selling them. I don't believe in gold farming, ruins the game imho. I'm just helping those who don't want to level 1-70, and just want to play endgame. :)
And yes, I can log in that many times.. just need a really good computer, and a bunch of accounts. :p

Added new info in first post. I can go up to ~$2000 now, if needed. I also want the9800 GX2 to be part of the build, if at all possible.

I've heard so much crap about the 9800gx2 not being able to boot at all

go with Akubane's Build and add your 9800gx2 with a Corsair 520hx (also make sure you have a spare Video Card because some people blame their whole rig when the 9800gx2 doesn't let the PC post )

maybe get the 620hx with the 9800gx2. i say its a waste though. the 9900's will be coming along in a little while. up to you though. i don't think the maximus should have any problems with it. if so it would just have to wait for a bios update. get an evga card and maybe it'll fall within the step up period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom