Hard disk imminent failure.....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockgod6624

Beta member
My computer was left on too long. I have Windows XP and have heard that leaving it on too long without it doing anything can damage your hard drive. And as bad luck would have it....it got left on too long. So now when i turn it on it does a few diferent things.

1: Stays at the screen were it says Compaq and doesnt do anything except go click...tick....click...tick.......so on and so forth.

2: It comes up on a black screen with white letters and and says A:/ and won't do anything. It wants a command prompt but I dont know what to put.

3: It says "The following configuration updates were automatically updated" and lists all the drives. Then, it says "No IDE fixed disk present." Finally, it says "Had disk imminent failure and will do nothing else.

PLease help if you can.

i dont know exactly wats rong except u gota HD prob... but i can tell u that it is not caused by leaving your pc on too long.. there is no such thing as leaving your pc on too long.

Nope me neither, i think ur HD is broken!!! Just replace it, itll be fine. Where i work, people leave PC's on for months at a time, there are no probs there, they say that shuting them down and starting them up, kills the hard drives more than just leaving them running. I cant remember the last time i switched mine of. It had to be before christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom