Mouse doesn't work (WinVista Ultimate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
According to my friend, her mouse doesn't work overnight. I came over and brought my working mouse into her computer and it didn't work. I brought her mouse to my computer and it works. Either the problem is her hardware or there is something wrong with her software part. Any ideas on what to do?

PS2 or USB? Try the other and see. If it still doesn't work, it is software.

So what do I have to do now? reinstall the driver? How do I get that drivers from?

its usb btw.

What kind of mouse is it? Cant tell you where to get the drivers if we dont know what knd it is. ;)

Also is it USB? Did you try a different port?

yeah i've tried diffrent ports and its USB.

Its a logitech mouse i dont know what kind. But i'll try updating the drivers. The problem is that I can't 'click" and stuff. which means i can't download anything without using the mouse.

Sure you can. Use the keyboard. There are ways to naviagte the web with that. Like tab to move positions. Enter to click and so on.

If anything find out what mouse it is and download them somewhere else and use a flash drive to get them there.

Sure you can. Use the keyboard. There are ways to naviagte the web with that. Like tab to move positions. Enter to click and so on.

If anything find out what mouse it is and download them somewhere else and use a flash drive to get them there.

LOL. You just reminded me of a a scene from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Scotty is with Bones trying to find a type of glass to contain 2 whales. He sits at the 1980s computer terminal and tries to speak into the mouse:

Scotty: "Computer, Hello Computer"
The guy from the home decade: "Ummm, try using the keyboard"
Scotty (cracking his knuckles): "The keyboard! How quaint"

LOL :)

(edit) just found it!
YouTube - star trek 4: the voyage home eisode

Funny you should mention that. I remember that movie very well. That scene just played out in my head as i read your post. :laughing:

Oh man thanks :)
What exactly do I have to do here? can't i just uninstall the driver then reinstall it rather than searching the net for it? IS there a way to uninstall the current mouse driver and then let vista look for the new driveR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom