Vista help after Vlite

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
So I decided to put Vista basic on my EEE PC, and I had to trim it with Vlite so it can fit and so it can run faster. However I think I might of removed something that won't let me install the webcam driver. I try installing it and I get this:

1-3.jpg

On the eeeuser forums one suggested that I am missing the Windows Image Acquisition service so I went over and googled it and it gave me the KB 930819 standalone installer and I installed that as well, but problem is still the same. I might be missing something else but I can't tell. All other drivers installed just fine and everything works except the webcam. Here is what I had left after the Vlite:

1-4.jpg

Any help or suggestion would be appreciate it.

Well this is a issue that can not be fixed by jsut a simole solution. The needed parts were removed and there is no way for Vista to just install them. So lookes like you might be out of luck.

Well, I can just make a new Vlite installation disk, but what exactly am I missing? If it's a service I can just check that to be left in the install.

That is the thing. No one knows exactly what it is. It could be a service could be a driver could be anything. We dont knwo for sure. We can not help you here on this really. You are trying to hack the software which is against our rules.

I am sure they can guide you over at the VLite forums.

it's not hacking, it's basically removing services before installing them, but thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom