XP Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That type of problem came up on the last build here when downloading the latest Catalyst for an ATI model card. I ended up wiping all ATI software and drivers off in order to go for an older version of the Catalyst then. Sometimes the latest is a problem if the drivers cover more then one particular hardware but a model line.

First try disabling the various background items that start along with Windows. You find that something else can simply be disabled there and manually started when used rather then causing a conflict of some type. The msconfig is one thing that proves itself time and again showing that MS did get one thing right from the start! :p

I'll mess around with my comp as soon as I get back.

I might even try vista, idk, SP1 is out, we'll see.

It isnt a shutdown issue he is having. It is recovering from sleep/hibernate that he loses internet.

uncheck this in your network card device manage properties

Image11.jpg

what's your hdd name?

I still have to lean towards a possible drive or other hardware problem being realized if a clean install of Windows wouldn't clean things up. The alternative would be simply choosing the turn display off after so many minutes rather then continuing with the sleep/hibernation to wake problems in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom