Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will. I'm kinda stuck with 2 80mm fans, but that's fine. I had to take out the side bar and the fan to make the xigma fit. I used that 80mm fan in the side bar and put it on the other side of the case facing the harddrives. 2 80mm's and 2 120mm's. I'll post pictures of my opening and adding parts.

*edit*
Ahhh...Got everything in today. I got home around 1:30, started around 2. Finished at 5 PM. It started the first time :D The LED's look good. I got a couple of pictures, but at night it will look better. I will now be trying to install the OS and whatnot. Be back in a couple of hours with pictures.

*edit2*
Ok, I installed the OS and the drivers and stuff. I finished everything, but I can't get to my BIOS settings. Whenever I start the computer and hit "Del" It keeps going and tells me its searching for Pool Data or something and it just boots up normally. Do I need a floppy drive and to install the floppy disk included with the mobo? I don't have a floppy drive and didn't think that could be a problem, but if it is, I can get the floppy drive off the old computer and install it on the new one. Please I need to figure out all the problems with this card. I also am only getting 100 FPS on CS 1.6, which is not good for such a high end card and cpu. I tried net_graph 3 and fps_max 200 or whatever and it still stays at 100 and that's on the main screen/idle.

Well, I figured it out. Now the next problem is....why am I getting such a low fps in CS?

Q6600 and 8800GTS G92 = 100 FPS Max in CS 1.6?? Uhh...I downloaded the latest drivers and turned Vsync off. I tried many things, I will try older drivers, but hopefully I can find the problem.

what current drivers are you trying?
have you oc'ed anything at all?
and in the nvidia control panel have you set the slider to performance?

I'm pretty sure CS 1.6 doesn't have a 100fps Cap. I remember getting 100+ on my old system when I messed around with the settings. I didn't set the slider to performance, I set it to Quality. Hmm...ill try that. And No, I didn't OC anything yet.

Around Idle, I'm under 30C for all the cores. With 2 Mozilla Windows open, Pidgin, UTorrent downloading 3 programs, Windows task manager, Counter Strike, and downloading 3dMark06, I'm at around 8-10% CPU Usage and my Temps at 33,34,31,26C. How does that sound?

those temps sound really good...
ambient temps play a major part in your pc temps...
whats the temp on your gpu?

I have no idea. I just used Core Temps. Now that you mention it, I assume those are just the CPU temps not including the GPU or the rest of the computer right? What program can I use to get the GPU temps? I'm also downloading 3dmark06 and will be testing it tonight. Avg. is around 11-12k correct? I want to also OC.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom