LCD Monitor Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is any degradation when doing that though? It's pure digital to digital conversion so logic tells me that the quality is still top notch.

as far as Hanns-G goes I remember reading about having dead pixels and that they would'nt take it back if it were only a couple of dead pixels. They considered anything over 5 to be defective.

I've made up my mind. It's Samsung or bust. I've seen countless monitor setup and nothing comes close to the digital clarity of Samsung monitors. It's unbelievable how it brings out the color and the super sharpness of the display.

This is the one I've got on order as we speak:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 26" 16:9 8ms 720p LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Tuner LNT2653H

It's for a small room so I don't need to go that big to 1080p just yet. Maybe in a few years or so, I'll consider getting a 40"+. I've got the DVI convertor so I'll see if I can see a difference. Aesthetically, it looks super nice. I love the glossy finish the monitor and the stand has. I think it's going to be a great monitor for TV and PC use.

8ms is not that slow, you shouldn't see much ghosting if any. And it's only a 26 incher, there's no way you're going to notice any difference between 720 and 1080p unless you go big screen, as in 32+ inches. Good choice I say.

you would too see the diff between 720 and 1080p on that screen.

*ANd i said a little slow, not very slow...there will be ghosting in games though.

Eh, I wouldn't, and most people wouldn't unless you pointed out "look, right there, that black is blacker than that black, or, the plaid on that guy's shirt is sharper than the other tv", too small of a screen to amount to much at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom