PC Build: Which Asus motherboard? (Ordering all parts in 24hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Redrum

Beta member
I'm in need of some help on deciding which Asus motherboard to buy for my new build which i will be ordering all of the parts within' the next 24 hours, expect the 8800GT as i already have it here.

The budget for the motherboard is from £60-80/$120-160. I won't be using SLI but if the board is good and features it i would'nt mind buying it either way.

(Lowest to Highest)

Asus P5N-E SLI Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 PCI-E Onboard Audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
Asus P5KC ASUS P5KC AiLifestyle Series iP35 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
Asus P5N-D nForce ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP AiLifestyle Series P35 Socket 775 Socket eSATA 8 channel Audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer
Asus COMMANDO Asus Commando P965 Motherboard - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Here is my final list so that you can have an idea of what the board will be used with.

------------------------------------------
:Antec 900
:Intel Quad Q6600 G0 (Retail)
:Motherboard Asus -------- 775
:EVGA 8800GT 512MB KO
:Corsair 520W HX Series (Modular)
:Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800-6400 (2x1GB)
:Samsung HD Spinpoint (2x 500GB)
:Samsung SH-203D DVD-RW (2x1)
------------------------------------------

I don't have plans on OCin the system due to me not really knowing how to, but i may try to a small amount for the CPU but nothing too extreme.

All feedback/help would be good.

I would rather go with Asus as i've never had a problem with them really in the pass, plus those boards look alot better than the usual ones.

Would'nt it be worth going for the P5K-E just for the option of SLI at a later date? As with the 8800GTs later being cheap in + months i could pick one up probably, as i don't plan on making other build for a good 4-5 years at least.

Thanks for the quick reply.

OK go for the SLI, if you're looking towards it, in the future.

Actually the P5K-E wouldn't work for SLI, because it is a P35 chipset. Out of that list, only the 650i chipsets can SLI.

Oh and...

Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

Your gonna want single 8800GT for now or 9600GT if for sure your gonna SLI. 9600GT is notable slower than the 8800GT.

650i/750i is the way to go to sli. They should be able to overclock lightly which fits your positiohn.

SLI should be good on the 750i, but you'd probably like the p35 chipset better on a single card setup.

if you insist on ordering within 24 hours, go for it... otherwise, most intel chips will be going through a price drop on the 20th of the month, so... you can get a Q6700, which is better, for about the same price as the Q6600 if you wait... i was going to the same, but now im waiting too... just a thought :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom