XP Pro not shutting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightngsvt

Baseband Member
On my network I have now 3-4 users with XP Pro (all on IBM T series laptops) that their PC no longer shuts down. It will "hang" on the saving user settings screen. Now if you have the PC up for a short time (30 min or less) then they shutdown fine. ANy ideas?

Apps used mainly are IE6, Access, Word, Excel, Clarify eFrontOffice. All Windows updates are current, as are IBM system updates.

Thats what these users have to do. Thats hardly a solution! I'm trying to find a solution (or at least cause) of this problem.

Do you have it set up to delete the page file at shutdown? I have mine set up like that and it takes 5-6 minutes to shut down

perkoset said:
Do you have it set up to delete the page file at shutdown? I have mine set up like that and it takes 5-6 minutes to shut down

I would hardly consider a 5-6 min shutdown with XP as within normal specs.

lightngsvt,

Hello from Michigander to another! :) I used to live in A2 before moving here.

You may find your answer in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307274

However, since these laptops are on a network, it could be caused by a network issue as well. Are these laptops connected or unconnected to the LAN when shutting down? Be sure to read the article and see if it applies to your situation.

They are connected to the LAN when shutting down. I Administer a LAN of about 300 desktop / laptop PC's and 10 servers. The weird thing is that this only seems to be affecting 4-5 machines (thankfully). I will read the article, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom