3DMark06 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewser

In Runtime
Hey all,

I just ran 3DMark06 for the first time in months...and I couldn't remember what settings I had it at when I was first running it.

I am running the same exact setup and came up with a crappy score compared to what I several months back. I was in the mid-high 11,000's and I just ran it and got 8,600...WTF

The only thing I could think of is that I changed the resolution under "Settings" to 1440-900 from what it is at by default.

When people do their benchmarking here on the site, do they all just keep it at the default resolution as a standard?

Yes, all benchmark scores are by default settings. I believe the default resolution for 06, is 1280 x 1024, with no AA or AF turned on.

When people do their benchmarking here on the site, do they all just keep it at the default resolution as a standard?

For the most part yes. For any results you want to post in the official top 3dmark06 scores you need to use the default settings. But some members like to test out how they score when they have the resolution turned up since that is the resolution at which the game/or to show the potential of the card at a higher resolution.

If you have your 3dmark06 on default settings your score is about right... would like more right at 12k though at stock.

Right on guys, thanks for the clarification!

Alohas

*edit*
Ok crap, now there must be something wrong. I just ran the program on default and scored the same crap score??? What the hey?

Everything is set up the same. I don't have a lot of background stuff running under task manager and no other programs were running while doing the benchmark... any ideas???

well with your pc you should be gettin around 11 or 12k even w/o your cpu overclocked.

sure you got defalt settings:
settingswd8.png

and are you running all the test?
the space battle one, 2 flying lights, flying boat, 2 cpu tests, frozen artic one

Have you done a Virus Scan lately? If you have try using something like HouseCall that's free and pretty quick, it sometimes finds stuff that may have circumvented your scanner.

Just confirmed that everything was on default and just came back up with 8537 points again... :( :(

I run ad-aware and Spybot S&D on a pretty regular basis.

I'm angry now!!! I'm gonna run those virus checks. Thanks for the help so far guys, I really appreciate it.

Also as a side not, I haven't really noticed a drop in my performance in my games. Granted I haven't been playing anything super demanding lately.

I have been playing "Dirt" at 1440x900 at all high settings with great performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom