Help with choosing sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the whole story. You can look at it this way or that way. Have you dled omega drivers or drivers from guru3d before? They have modified drivers too. Its all the same. I talked to creative about getting my external breakout box fixed for my card and their answer was to upgrade to X-FI. To me that just shows what kind of customer support they have. They also lied about the card not being able to physically decode/encode Dolby/DTS which they really can. Also the driver that was used was a X-fi driver from Dell which also had Dolby/DTS encoding.

I switched to razer from creative...had an old audigy platinum, was great but i heard bad things from creative recently so figured i'd try the razer, have to admit, zero compatibility issues and when i was unsure how to use their control panel i called them up, no waiting straight to a real person who walked me through the functions....i think it sounds awesome, and some say the music side to the card isn't as good, meh i've had no problems but i'm not a music expert. i just went in to the control panel, played with the settings till i found what i liked. but is not a cheap card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom