Looking for help to build a Crossfire 64-bit gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
right...

but the Phenom 9850 is a good clocker to 3.5ghz, but clock for clock the q6600 is better, and can probably go to 3.3ghz+ and outmatch the Phenom
at XS, they benched a Phenom 9850 against a Q6600, both at 3.4GHZ
the Q6600 got a higher CPU score in 3dmark06, but the Phenom system got a higher overall score.
It seems the Phenom is designed to work with the video card well.

There have also been reviewers (independently) say that the Phenom systems have a smoothness that's not there on Intel systems even if the fps might be behind.
I'm not going to debate that though.

If you do go for a Phenom system, I'd recommend looking at a DFI, Gigabyte or MSI 790FX board. They seem to be the better overclocking boards.

at XS, they benched a Phenom 9850 against a Q6600, both at 3.4GHZ
the Q6600 got a higher CPU score in 3dmark06, but the Phenom system got a higher overall score.
It seems the Phenom is designed to work with the video card well.

There have also been reviewers (independently) say that the Phenom systems have a smoothness that's not there on Intel systems even if the fps might be behind.
I'm not going to debate that though.

If you do go for a Phenom system, I'd recommend looking at a DFI, Gigabyte or MSI 790FX board. They seem to be the better overclocking boards.

I saw it too on TF2, but I posted that way before I even saw your post on the Phenom, thanks for posting that btw, maybe you should post that here ;)

and you know I love that 9850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom