nvidia Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 7900 GT OC stock overclocked GPU runs all of the new games on very high and crysis on medium perfectly fine.. with AMD 3500+ crappy CPU runs at 2.2GHz

that 9600 should smoke everything with tons of room to spare and run Crysis on medium/high.
Your card will be good for about 3-4 years.. then you will need a new one. That's a pretty good choice.. and this doesn't include overclocking it..

As far as the MoBo goes.. its a bit iffy... it can't handle that much and it only has one PCI slot.. I guess you aren't going to run SLI or Crossfire or anyting... It seems like it would work for you but for that card I would recommend getting a better motherboard...Asus maximum formula or rampage or something along those lines..depending on your CPU and if you are going to overclock those are good choices.. if you aren't going to overclock anything then I guess the one in your link would work.

Posts merged. 0.<

I have run BF2 full tilt on a 7800GTX, so anything over that will run it great. Some guys in my clan are running it on ATI 9200's, so it doesn't take a monster card unless you are into eye candy. Same goes for the other games listed. None of them are extremely demanding, graphics-wise.

Go with what your budget allows and you will be fine.

Oh, and yes, the 3850 is a great card, a junior version of the 3870.

As far as the MoBo goes.. its a bit iffy... it can't handle that much and it only has one PCI slot.. I guess you aren't going to run SLI or Crossfire or anyting... It seems like it would work for you but for that card I would recommend getting a better motherboard...Asus maximum formula or rampage or something along those lines..

The p35's are great motherboards. An Abit IP35-E will handle an overclocked quad core without a problem.

dont double post. and the way it goes is like this:
8800gts 512* > 8800gt 512mb > 9600gt 512.

Actually it would be more like (performance)

8800gt 256> 8800gts 512> 9600gt 512>8800gt 512

Edit: I would go with the 9600, it's easily enough for you and the 8800 only performs slightly better, so the price on the 9600 probably puts it ahead.

Actually it would be more like (performance)

8800gt 256> 8800gts 512> 9600gt 512>8800gt 512

Edit: I would go with the 9600, it's easily enough for you and the 8800 only performs slightly better, so the price on the 9600 probably puts it ahead.

how exactly are you stepping up on that?

are you saying that the 880gt 256mb is worse than the GTS 512, then that is worse than the 9600gt, then that is worse than the 8800gt 512? because that is wrong. out of those the 8800GTS 512 is the best. and you have it in the middle. Post support for what you say?

Sorry i must have been tired last night.

i meant "<" not ">"

and i had some crackpot theory that the gts was ****, just ignore me some times :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom