is it possible to overclock?? advice plz??

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
is it possible to overclock my comp??? advice plz??

My comp stats are on bottom

The thing is, the temp is higher then i expected. It's at about 107 when doing nothing and goes over 120 when playing games. i want to clock it to about 2.0~2.2 ghz but i can't trust the temps, they're too high rn't they?

I have 4 case fans, a pci fan with 3 fans on it, and a huge ass cpu fan. with this much fans, i thought it would be at the low 90s, or possibly the 80s. BUt not even close.

so do you think overclocking it would be possible??

geo3tech said:
My comp stats are on bottom

The thing is, the temp is higher then i expected. It's at about 107 when doing nothing and goes over 120 when playing games. i want to clock it to about 2.0~2.2 ghz but i can't trust the temps, they're too high rn't they?

I have 4 case fans, a pci fan with 3 fans on it, and a huge ass cpu fan. with this much fans, i thought it would be at the low 90s, or possibly the 80s. BUt not even close.

so do you think overclocking it would be possible??

With those kinda fans you should have a lower temp, so I would suggest finding out why the temps are high and then worrying about OCing:confused:

That's really dumbfounding. You should have those kinds of temps with just a single crappy oem fan

ya.. I know something is wrong with the cpu fan. ]
I used arctic silver thermal compound, put it on the heatsink, spread it out evenly with a piece of paper and pressed it back on. I don't really know what's wrong.

Could it be that the heatsink isn't properly touching the cpu???

okay.. i teared down my comp and reinstalled the cpu fan. and now it's at 95 degrees farenheit with the case at 84 degrees when doing nothing.

I also changed the temps to celsius and i'm getting 36 for the cpu and 29 for the case.

so would that be possible to overclock my comp?? specs are on bottom.

If i would be able to overclock, what temp and what ghz should i probably stop overclocking it???

People should really remember this equation for converting Fahrenheit to Celsius:

Subtract 32, multiply by 5, and divide by 9.

So under load you are getting a temperature of around 48.8C? [size=0.5]Idle around 41.6C?[/size]

In my opinion you could overclock a little, be careful of what you are doing and really watch the temperatures when you increase the voltage.

People should really remember this equation for converting Fahrenheit to Celsius:

Subtract 32, multiply by 5, and divide by 9.

So under load you are getting a temperature of around 48.8C? Idle around 41.6C?

In my opinion you could overclock a little, be careful of what you are doing and really watch the temperatures when you increase the voltage.:

That's when my cpu fan wasn't isntalled properly. now it's at 37 degrees celsius when doing nothing and about 42ish when under load.

okay i tried overclocking.My multiplier is 9 and default fsb is 200 mhz.

I went 5 mhz everytime and went up to 225. when made it 2025 mhz. then when i got up to 230, i got the black screen of death. so i set it back to defaul and that's where i am at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom