ATI X800XT drivers..problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same kind of problem happened to me on my measly nvidia fx5200. My computer would crash everytime i got into a game. To fix the problem i wiped my harddrive and started over and installed the latest drivers from nvidia. Now my graphics card works like a dream.

otherwise if you dont want to format your harddrive you can delete the drivers for your vcard and make sure there are no drivers from your previous card. And then try installing your ati drivers.

What driver is your monitor using? If it's using the Windows Plug and Play driver, try installing the actual driver for your monitor. The fact that the monitor will randomly go into stanby points possibly to the display driver for the monitor and not the video card drivers.

ahh! Thank god, someone is having the same problem as me!

I just bought a Dell Dimension 8400:

Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz
1GB RAM
2 x 160GB RAID 0 (320GB)
ati radeon x800xt.

I was so excited when i set it up, i immediately installed farcry and splintercell PT. So imagine my huge disappointment when this problem struck.

I get about 5-6 mins into the first level of Farcry, when the game freezes, the speakers make a strange clicking noise, and then the monitor will turn off like its on sleep. Like you said, the only option to get out of it was to reboot.

I, too, have downloaded the patches for the games and the drivers for my card. Still same problem. Thing is, this is from a trusted manufacturer!!! It should work! I thought originally it was a FarCry problem, so I went to the FarCry help forums, and it said simply: "This is a problem with ATI users, there is no known solution yet".
So I installed Splinter Cell - SAME PROBLEM!!!

What the hell i bought a brand new PC with one of the best cards on the market, and it cant play a damn game!!!

I "had" a Dell Gen3 system. I messed with it for a couple weeks, but never had any luck. Swapped out driver files for various devices, reimaged, etc. and nothing worked. I finally broke down and called tech support, but they didn't have any ideas as to what else to try. If I had kept it longer, I probably would have reimaged to maybe XP Pro or 2k. Ultimately I wanted to return it and get a refund before I got stuck with it. Maybe once they get enough people calling in with the probelm, they'll find a fix and get it added to their database. If you want to try the reimage, you can see if Dell tech support will send you one.

Good luck

i would try your card in someone elses pc and see how well it works there. if the problems persist then its probably the card, if that fixes it its either something else on your pc causing the problem or a device conflict in which you would have to uninstall components until everything worked fine to figure out which piece was the culprit. also dont forget that that card is still very new and you can expect maybe a few bugs to be worked out during its first stages but in the end you once everythings cleared up you will have the best graphics card out.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM

okay here's the deal.

i installed Far Cry a few months back and played it with zero errors/problems - nothing, it worked just fine. Recently i re-installed my OS and all my programs/games. When i re-installed Far Cry everything seemed to be fine, but when i run the game it freezes at the exact same point every single time. It is right at the beginning of the game, first level, after you get the pistol and take the body armor, you exit through the door and **boom** i get this high pitched, horrible noise through my speakers, then the game completely locks up my machine, the only way out of it is to press the reset button on my desktop.

I did save my profiles and what not before i wiped my HDD, and when i play from those points, there is no problem at all, just at the beginning. So i uninstalled the game once again and this time accidently erased my profiles/saved games. So now i'm stuck with a wicked a*s game that i cannot play from the beggining. I have downloaded and installed patches, nothing.

The only difference in my desktop is the addition of a new sound card (i was running crappy onboard before), i added the Audigy 2 NX (external running on USB 2.0) about a month ago (prior to re-installed the OS).

I can play all my other games just fine, BF1942, Splinter Cell PT, Joint operations: typhoon rising, everything with no problems whatsoever, but i love FC and i can't play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, i have downloaded the newest drivers for the Audigy and my Vid card with no success, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are my specs.

Asus P4P-800 Deluxe Mainboard
P4 3.0 Ghz (HT), running at 3.6 Ghz
1 GB of Kingston PC3200 RAM (running dual channel) (2 X 512)
Asus Radeon 9600XT
Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX (external)
Asus CD-ROM
LG DVD+RW 8X Drive
Seagate Barricuda - Serial ATA - 80 GB HDD
Thermaltake Aquarius II liquid cooling system

That's about it. Thanks again ppl.

< Silent >

Okay, I have the EXACT 100% SAME problem as you guys. I have tried updating BIOS to the latest one, DirectX to the latest one, VIA 4 in 1 drivers to the latest one, Video card drivers to the latest one, unplugged and replugged card back in, vacuumed the whole computer, reformatted and it still doesn't work. Everytime I play Counter-Strike after a good 10-20 minutes, everything would lag for 1-3 seconds then the screen would freeze and I would hear the last sound heard playing over and over again then the screen turns black and monitor goes into power-saving mode. Then I have to restart then I get an error with my Display Driver. I contacted ASUS, but they didn't really help me. I have ASUS A7V333 mobo and ASUS GeForce 4 Ti 4400 (v8440) gfx. If anyone finds out how to fix this problem please let me know at newjerseydevils30@hotmail.com because I and a whole bunch of others have this problem too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom