constant freeze up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandgyp

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have a strange problem here at work.The pc that I have here has developed a strange problem that I cannot seem to get a handle on.After using it for awhile,it starts to freeze up and run very slowly but if I use Crap Cleaner or even the Windows internet options delete tools,it comes back to life.Any takes on this?

Do you have Anti-Virus installed and up-to-date along with a Firewall?

If so, which ones?

Ok, i presume you're also using Internet Explorer?

Just out of curiosity does it happen in any other browser?

Yes ,it happens in Firefox also....it also effects the company parts system.In fact it just effects the whole computer with the hourglass hanging and all.

This pc only has a 256 memory stick...is it possible its getting weak or defective?Is the legit software to check funtioning of individual components?

It could be that the system is infected with spyware/viruses. Have the IT guys take a look at it.

Google for MemTest86 to check your RAM make sure it is all good.

Yes....I do not care for Norton but it is a company pc and I'm stuck with it.Who are the IT guys?Thanx for the inputs!

You should have IT deparement there that can take a look at the PC is something goes wrong. Right? I mean they dont expect people to fix their own PC's if they work for this ocmpany do they???

Yeah....they pretty much do...its a small company and the tech guy left,so we are doing what we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom