2gb vs 4gb of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
I know a lot of people say 2gb is the most you'll ever need. And some say running 4gb on a 32-bit OS will even cause issues. But when it comes down to it-assuming you get the OS to pick up all (well 3.2-3.5 or whatever it does pick up) works, how much better is 4gb then 2gb???

It depends on how you use it. If you're using/multitasking memory intensive programs, 4GB will come in handy.

Well lets just say having browsers open while playing new games...crysis/CoD4 for example?? Will you be able to tell a difference between 2gb and 4gb?

Nope, because those aren't really memory intensive. Crysis maybe though, on a very high resolution. I mean applications, such as CAD, graphics design/rendering, or video/photo editing.

maybe video recording, ...crysis if anything will be on a smaller res then most (1440 x 900) and no rendering....

starting to look at ways of dropping computer price down some..i might be kicking off 2gb of ram so i just have 2gb

For what you're doing, 2GB is more than enough. 1440 x 900 is not very demanding on the games, to require alot of memory.

welp that just took about $50ish off my total price...thanks for the info. Good thing processors will be dropping soon. Original budget for build was $1400 then it got up to $1600..trying to bring it down now lol

thanks a lot for the quick help :D

ur using 32-bit, so the max RAM that can be read is 3.12GB for sure, saw it on the official site myself.

yea, that's another reason why i was kinda iffy on it..paying for 4 gigs but basically getting around 3 at max... aready $30 wasted right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom