Windows Vista x64 Vs Windows XP x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I've pretty much got my system completed and now I'm wondering, having installed Vista x32, If i would gain performance from using XP x64 or Vista x64.
What do you guys think- what are the advanages of Vista? Would my system run faster on XP?
And if i switch to XP can i keep all of my files and prgrams?
Thanks

Please use the search function as this question has already been asked a hundred times. As for the difference and what you would gain check the Index here. There is a topic about the difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit and will give you all the answers you need.

As for the switch to XP no you can not keep your current installed stuff. You would have to format and reinstall. Since you can not downgrade your OS.

Vista works just fine. The only people who bash vista are people who bought it right when it released or dont have enough machine for it. My vista 64 partition runs smoother and faster than my xp pro32 partition does. I finally switched over full this weekend as i was having issues with XP not wanting to play streaming music so i just said the heck with it and switched to my vista partition.

How has your experience with 64bit drivers and game compatibility been? Cause i hear allot of people saying allot of games don't work on 64bit. Maybe there the ones who got it when it first came out like you said. I myself only game and am getting 64bit, i guess we'l see.

I find it works fine...I've got SP1 isntalled. I've switched all of the eye candy off and the gadget bar ( or whatever its called) because I would rather have my system run quick than have have some see throught menus. I haven't had any imcompatibility issues with anygames and i guess in the future when dx10 only games come out it will be useful.

Alright, My system is pretty beefy, 4gbddr3,9800gx2,790i chip set Ect... So i think to get max performance outta games i'l stick with vista 64, if it turns out to be not as good as i thought ial try 32 bit again

Edit* good to hear you are not having problems with the Os, Needed a good review after all the bad ones i have been reading, But all of them were posted in 2007. and i couldn't find any complaints in 2008.

YA, i'm running SP1 and havent done any of the "tweaks" i still run with aero and prefeching on and my system runs faster than it does in XP. I havent run into any issues with any games either.

u guys are tempting me to go back to vista...but i think ill stick with xp...
unless i get another hdd then i can do dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom