MKmods.. Case Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

markkleb

The ModFather
I was on here quite a while ago and honestly cant remember why I wandered away. Aspire mentioned that he had a work loge here and when I stopped by I notice I had 242 posts, lol..

Well the last couple of years have been good to me so I will pass on a few of the mods I have done.

Here is an Ultra Aluminus I did
alumultra.jpg

This is an Antec Atlas Server case. I flipped the mobo (fake BTX) and made a special PS for it
AntecGreen001.jpg

Here are a few SFF cases I designed. They are small enough to completely fit inside a Qpack case using ATX mobos with SLI
Picture117.jpg

2nd_place.jpg

Bottomhalfdone.jpg

This one was made from Perforated alum and CarbonFiber
Picture117-1.jpg

One of the reasons for the lack of visible wiring (I cheat, lol)
24pinWires.jpg

Welcome back markkleb!!!

Hopefully you'll stick around.

Awesome job on those mods. And so clean too.

haha. so do you just sodder the wires to the back of the mobo? also is it hard/dangerous to do? cause I wouldn't mind taking a stab at doing that with my setup.

Ah, I didn't notice that. I would like to take a stab at that too. Mind putting up a tutorial?

lol...And you didn't cheat. That's the beauty of modding.

Ah, I didn't notice that. I would like to take a stab at that too. Mind putting up a tutorial?

lol...And you didn't cheat. That's the beauty of modding.

I re designed a PC Power & Cooling PS for the little red mod. I was all excited how cool it worked and when I showed the Co. they freaked..(they didnt want others to get the idea you could disassemble a PS, liability stuff)

PM me and I will pass on a few tips.
haha. so do you just sodder the wires to the back of the mobo? also is it hard/dangerous to do? cause I wouldn't mind taking a stab at doing that with my setup.
I have done it many times (screwed up once, poor DFI Expert mobo) it does take a good knowledge of soldering.

i've done soldering before ( couldn't spell it to save my life. lol) and I know how to do it. just put down some of the stuff that clears off the metal, and then just solder the wire to the back of the 24-pin power slot with a bit of the metal wire.

anything more to it then that?

also what did you do to the psu?

i've done soldering before ( couldn't spell it to save my life. lol) and I know how to do it. just put down some of the stuff that clears off the metal, and then just solder the wire to the back of the 24-pin power slot with a bit of the metal wire.

anything more to it then that?

also what did you do to the psu?

Here are my soldering tips (Not gonna help ur chances at a RMA so be careful)
first tip is get a soldering station,
This is the one I got
Amazon.com: Weller Soldering Station, WLC100, 120V, 40W: Home Improvement
makes things so easy
easy to adjust power of soldering iron
place to put it while between soldering
changeable tips are really handy for small work

also get a tip cleaner
Soldering Iron Tip Cleaner
the fancy tips have a coating and if you sand or file them it wrecks them.

Than some rosin core solder.

I clean the part I am going to solder with lacquer thinner than a small nylon brush on the dremel (careful not to grind the surface of the mobo)

Than I take the soldering tip and add just a tiny bit to the contacts on the back side of the mobo first.

Than I put a bit of soder to the tips of all the wires (just a bit)

That I touch the wire to the contact, heat it with the soldering iron for just 1 or 2 secs and voila.

Clean the tip after every soldered joint, if the tip is dirty it takes a lot longer to solder the joint and that can overheat the mobo and mess up.

PS try it on a cheap mobo first, I am so fricken sad I wrecked my DFI Expert mobo.

As to what I do to the PSs, basically I re design the outputs to match up with my comp.

i'm still a bit confused on what you do with the psu :( ha.

and thanks for the soldering tips. i don't know if i'm gonna try it, but if i can find some old decrepit board i'll try it out for sure :D

I'm trying it on a spare socket 370, I have knockin' around.

I'm sure with the PSU, he takes off the end cover, and separates the wires. Unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom