need help with overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did not oc my gpu. I was just playing with the fan speed on the gpu.

I went into the bios and I could not find anything for the nb volt. I found the fsb over voltage control but I didn't change it yet.

I upped the cpu voltage just a little more and that seemed to solve it. I was able to run 3dmark06 successfully with no errors. OCCT has been running for 6 hours now and no crashes. The only problem is the temps are getting a little high. The system temps are 48 and 58, not to bad but the cpu temps are really close to 70 degrees. It is also pretty warm in my room too, about 78 degrees. I know I need to install the a/c.

Well as I was typing this OCCT stopped because the cpu was to hot. I am thinking about getting a different cpu cooler. Which ones do you recommend? I would like to have one where I don't have to take off the mobo.

Well I went back to stock settings for now. It took forever to do anything. When I would try to open firefox, it seemed like it took a minute to load up. I am going to try it again but not right now, I just don't have the patience right now.

you don't have the knowledge either. Learn your bios terms first before attempting to oc. That way your not asking simple questions like "where and how do I raise the NB?"

I never did get an answer on that. How do I raise the nb? Sorry if it is a dumb question but I got to learn somehow.

Even after going back to stock settings, it still takes for ever to open up programs like firefox. Now when it is first turned on, it seems to be fine. It doesn't get slow until it has been on a while.

Oh ok, sorry about that. On stock settings it still is pretty slow. Even while I am typing this, it occasionally freezes for a split second. Could I have damaged something? Is there any way to tell if I damaged anything? Is there some tests I can run?

Being defualt... did you go and manually set ot back, or use the default setting tab?

My 680i has it called "auto" for default.

You're sketchyness sounds like what i had when my RAM was undervolted.

I would go and disable C1E and EIST again and prime it on stock settings and see what happens. Do both large and small FTT's

also, if ur experiencing serious slowdowns it could be your HDD...

I saw AVG scan running in the background. that can be slowing down ur HDD causing load times for stuff like firefox to go up. it happens to me sometimes when im doing a HDD-intense task and i try to open firefox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom