3DMark Vantage goes online with some new scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
TCMagazine Source

The next best thing since the last best thing, Futuremark's 3DMark Vantage is closing in fast but although only announced, it has already provided us a few scores and it continues to do so. With an RC1 build of the new benchmarking tool at hand, a few far eastern tech enthusiasts have set up a system in order to test a couple of popular mid-range cards and the scores can be seen below.

The test system used consisted of an Intel Q6600 CPU clocked at 3.6 GHz, an Intel X38 motherboard and 2GB of DDR2-1066 memory and powered by a 32bit Windows Vista Ultimate and Catalyst 8.3/ForceWare 174.74, while the cards chosen were a Radeon HD 3850 with its core and memory set to 750 and 1800 MHz respectively and a stock GeForce 9600 GT.

The results put the overclocked Radeon HD 3850 in front, with an overall score of 4032 and a GPU score of 3336 with the G94-powered card reaching 3973 and 3278. 3DMark Vantage certainly seems quite demanding compared to its predecessor, but the sub $200 cards still manage to score some decent numbers and given the pre-release form of the software used (RC1 intermediate 1) we should expect better results.

Overclocked HD3850 512MB:
3DMark_Vantage_HD3850_OC_01.jpg

Stock 9600GT:
3DMark_Vantage_9600GT_01.jpg

why do they alwasy compare a oc'ed card to a non oc'ed card? i would think to be fair they would need to be stock.

I don't think they intended for comparison. They're just saying that scores have been submitted.

So.. 3DMark Vantage is just like 3DMark o6 but Vista and DX10 only?

I guess it doesn't just give you what your system should score like virtual mark but actually gives you marks based on the performance meaning you can overclock your rig to get a better score..

why aren't the CPU scores the same in both?

also thats correct Stealthtools, don't know about the second half because I didn't get it

yeah.. thats a bit wierd. haha.

hi vern! I'm at school now :( enjoying your break?

is this download like the same size as 3dmark06?

Probably not, they probably enlarged it because like its a lot more eye candy, so that might enlarge the download size and probably the price will stay the same

Probably not, they probably enlarged it because like its a lot more eye candy, so that might enlarge the download size and probably the price will stay the same

So the push to Vista continues. I've run both and I'm still partial to XP. Someone please convince me other wise as I don't see any great advantage with DX 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom