Windows Vista SP1 Problems Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you are one of the people that had problems installing Vista SP1 last month, Microsoft says they have fixed the problem and automatic distribution will resume tomorrow. If you've already installed SP1 without any problems then you do not have to do anything.

To clear up any concerns for those of you who have already installed the update: There is no problem with the files that make up the Servicing Stack Update (KB937287); the problem some customers encountered was with the installation process for the update. That means if you already have the update installed, you do not need to uninstall it or install the rereleased version of the update.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Still wont stop people from saying Vista is junk and other people from saying go back to XP.

Think I will just advise people to use XP from now on to stop all the bickering....

how can you check if sp1 is installed?
my bros got vista on his lappy and i couldnt find it ....

Eh...why would an OS need to support a router? All the router does is pass out ip addresses, it shouldnt care what its giving the ip to as long as it can read the mac address. I had 0 issues with SP1, and actually have switched over full time to it. Its definately faster than my old XP partition was when it comes to loading programs.

lol. i sence some bitterness
No. Just sick of several threads a week being about how bad Vista is and how people hate it. It has gotten old already. Everyone blames vista for thigns that are not their fault. Like the router comment or the Dell PRinter topic that was bumped last night. Everyone just bashes Vista without trying to work with it. Just sick of trying to explain to people how to make it work.
Dose anyone know if sp1 includes any router support?

My friend has a router unsupported by vista.
That is not up to Vista. Just like drivers. Tell him to get on the router manufacturer. They are responsilbe not Microsoft.

how can you check if sp1 is installed?
my bros got vista on his lappy and i couldnt find it ....
Start>Run>winver or Right click on Computer>Properties

Either one of them will give the system properties and tell you if SP1 is installed.

well i did the properties and i couldnt see sp1 anywhere...
do you have to install it manually or does windows update catch it automatically.

That is what this topic is about. It states that the issues they had have been resolved and SP1 will now be pushed out to all machines from here on out. So if you do not have it yet it is because the machine had a issue with SP1 and the drivers you had installed. Which is why it was not available for you to install before.

Which is now resolved and you will see SP1 for download as of the next update cycle.

That is what this topic is about. It states that the issues they had have been resolved and SP1 will now be pushed out to all machines from here on out. So if you do not have it yet it is because the machine had a issue with SP1 and the drivers you had installed. Which is why it was not available for you to install before.

Which is now resolved and you will see SP1 for download as of the next update cycle.

alright...if hes home ill check his lappy for it.
thanks.
i dont like vista but ill see how it performs ater this sp update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom