video card, sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangmanrui

Baseband Member
I have Dual Core INtel 2140 processor, 2GB RAm and VIsta Home Premium

1) If I wanted to spend up to $100 for a video card, how much of a difference would that Video Card make for someone who uses the computer for web surfing and Video (DVD) watching?

2) HOw about a sound card - would I notice some improvement in sound?

3) Which video and Sound card would you recommend?

thanks,

Man Rui

Most modern onboard sound is good by todays standards, I would agree with peter and spend the cash on a good video card. :cool:

^^ that only works if 1) you even ever get the rebate and 2) you have the full amount up front. all rebates are shams, if they wanted to have an incentive, just have a sale.

^^ that only works if 1) you even ever get the rebate and 2) you have the full amount up front. all rebates are shams, if they wanted to have an incentive, just have a sale.

Not all rebates are shams. I have gotten excellent deals with them in the past.

Let me rephrase that.

There is a high chance that you may not get your rebate. That goes for any company, anywhere for any item. Not "all" rebates are shams, but sometimes they make it quite hard for the consumer to get said rebate. But then again, you might get it right away with minimal fuss. If you go the rebate route, good luck.

Memory, not much, just make sure it's 128 bit and DDR3. I have not much experience with ATI cards, and the little experience I do have makes me bias towards Nvidia, so I would pick the 8600 if I had to pick between those two.

And you're asking what kind of performence bump you can get with either of these cards? Well, what card are you running now? Any? I mean, you're running Aero somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom