Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, It looks like I got the DFI DK Mobo RIGHT before it was out of stock/deactiviated, wow that's a close call. Hopefully it's coming and in good shape.

One thing I don't understand is...I got the case shipped from CA (I'm in CA) and it says it's in in transit from SF to San Jose since yesterda,yet it says it will come Monday. From when does UPS not ship on Saturdays? And the rest of my other order (Fan, Mobo, Ram, etc.) Is from in in transit from PA to Oakland since yesterday Morning. So they both should be here by the end of the day right? I don't know why tracking says the case would come Monday and the rest would come Tuesday when they will be within me by 20-30 minutes by 2-3-4PM today. Is there anyway to call UPS and tell them can I pick it up from where it's located today? It's saturday, and I would much rather have time to build the case and paint it on the weekend then on my school day where I would be busy.

...Not cool. I guess I'll just wait until Monday. On Monday, I will be painting my whole entire case, inside and out, Flat Black and have blue LED's. Then on Tuesday, I will be getting all my parts so I can install it the next day. But I'm worried not everything will fit in the case, so I don't want to repaint it right away. I know the 8800GTS G92 will fit, just worried about the Xigmatek Heatsink. Do you guys know if the Tuniq Tower 120 is bigger or not? Cause if it is, then I'm good cause someone managed to barely fit one in.
John

Well, if I get it and it doesn't fit, can I return the case telling them it won't fit my stuff? Or would they say, uhhh sorry, that's your fault for not checking first?

Also, does ANYONE know if the tuniq tower is bigger than the Xigmatek?

I found the sizes:

On Newegg-Tuniq: 131mm(W) x 108mm(L) x 153mm(H)

On Newegg-Xigma: 120mm(W) x 50mm(L) x 159mm(H)

On newegg reviews, a guy said the he got the Tuniq to barely fit in the case. Hmm??

Then on another forum, I saw in a guys sig he has the Raidmax Smilodon and a TRUE 120mm Fan which is 132mm(W) x 63.5mm(L) x 160.5mm (H).

So, I came to my conclusion. The sizes are below. I checked multiple sites.

132mm(W)x63.5mm(L)x160.5mm(H) VS 120mm(W)x50mm(L)x159mm(H)

I don't really mind the Width or Length (Thickness) of the Cooler, my main concern is the Height so it doesn't hit the other window. And since the guy has a TRUE 120mm in this case, which is 160.5mm, then the Xigmatek can fit in this case as it is 159mm...which is 1.5mm shorter.

Yeh?

if you ordered the case from newegg they should accept it...
just say that something was wrong with it or something like that...make up something and u shud be fine.

...Well, Like I posted above. I have all the sizes of all 3 fans, and according to that, it will fit. So I will just take the risk. I won't be able to have all the parts with me and then wait until the paint dries, are you crazy? Lol, I'm already going crazy cause I want to build it.
John

...Well, Like I posted above. I have all the sizes of all 3 fans, and according to that, it will fit. So I will just take the risk. I won't be able to have all the parts with me and then wait until the paint dries, are you crazy? Lol, I'm already going crazy cause I want to build it.
John

been there man...
just hate waiting and just cant wait to get everything and play with it...
i hate to deal with RMA's and stuff like taht...took me like a whole month to finally get my build together....

Got the case today. No problems whatsoever. In mint condition. I repainted it flat black and left all the blue inside, so it will be flat black with blue LED's and 2 120mm Blue Fans. I got 2 80mm's fans and 2 120mm intake and exhaust fans. Good thing they changed the 80mm rear exhaust fan to a 120mm. I will be getting the rest of the stuff tomorrow. I will get pictures for sure! :D

stay away from 80mm if you can.
less air flow and more noise imo.

and you BETTER post pics or we will never help you again....
jk...
but seriously, post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom