Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant he just buy RAM from newegg and add it to the laptop since it cost a lot to upgrade or do they all have to be the same?

as long as its ddr/ddr2 ram it doesn't matter. its like desktop ram. and buying individual parts for laptops is pretty dumb, just cause they are very expensive depending on who you get them from and such, and you have to search to see what's compatible with what.

i've always been a proponent (correct usage of word?) of individual laptop parts being aquirable on the consumer level.

The alienware one is way overpriced...THOUGH it does have the 8800MGTX card if you select it making the price soar up alot more... I wouldn't recommend getting it because of the price.. though I believe it beats every laptop there on your list.

I totally don't recommend getting a laptop for gaming anyway... you can get an awesome system with one or even two 9800gx2 cards that will own crysis for as much as the alienware laptop with STOCK settings... which means it has all of the crappy CPU's and GPU's...

I would recommend getting a mid-range laptop...that can handle photoshop and ducuments and stuff like that..(for school and other reasons other than gaming)..

This question would give you alot more answers if you posted it in the laptop section of these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom