*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

New 3DMark06 World Record - 32,601!!!

NordicHardware Source

And they're only air cooled. I wanna see these under LN2!!

Elmor and Kinc have been spending the weekend benching with ASUS' latest hardware and with the help of some exotic cooling, they were been able to move the bar another notch. With two ASUS EAH3870X2 TOP, which sports two AMD RV670 circuits on one PCB, they had four graphics cores working together to break the world record. In the end they were able to reach 32,601 points. They used ASUS recently launched P5E64 WS Pro motherboard along with an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650, C1 stepping, cooled by some liquid nitrogen.

The processor was overclocked to a mere 5.719GHz, which is 100MHz less than the previous world record, but still enough for them to break it. The graphics cards were overclocked to 990MHz, while the real key was the memory overclock that reached 1125MHz, much thanks to the 0.8ns Qimonda chips using ASUS' in-house design. The cards were air-cooled.

Unfortunately, the ORB doesn't accept the C1 stepping, which means the score can't be published there yet. We expect Futuremark to update the ORB with support as soon as possible. Until then you will have to settle for pictures of the system and the screenshot confirming the score.

Update: Futuremark has fixed the ORB. You can find the scored HERE.

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Very Nice :D

but I want to see some dual 9800gx2 and 790i Ultra LN2 Cooler qx9650 benchmarks

I think them extremists are just waiting for quality Quad-SLI drivers to be released.

If I recall, I think I saw a single 9800GX2 pulling off 29K.

I find it funny that vantage mark doesn't consider the q6600 a common processor...

Almost everyone i know who didn't buy an e8400 and built there compy recently got a q6600 -_-.

1.9 v on air??? thats hard to believe....

and i agree with vern... i wanna see the new nvidia cards benchmarked

and i agree with vern... i wanna see the new nvidia cards benchmarked

first off, it was LN2 i believe. but thats still rediculous. haha.

and secondly, i think we have the two technology whores (i mean that in the nicest way possible) that are getting quad sli so we can see benchie's for ourselves :D

Who said anything about 1.9V on air? If you looked at the picture, the CPU is under LN2. The graphic cards are on air.

lol...same time Peter.

HA! I ONE UPPED B1G

dude, i love the gt thank you ever so much for it, and the ds3r :D

also on the topic of cooling that mother, wasn't the previous World Record on phase change? If so shouldn't LN2 cool much much better...

also how the **** do you run a ln2 setup? and isn't ln2 like illegal to just go out and buy willy nilly?

Back
Top Bottom