Does anyone have an Antec earthwatts EA380

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItHurtz

Baseband Member
Which way does the fan blow, in or out of the case? Will it power a 8800gs or 9600gt and a 3ghz P4 processor?

Every psu I have seen blows air out of the case so this one probably does also. The EA380 has two 17A 12v rails and the system requirements for the 9600gt is a 400w psu with a combined 12V current rating of 26A or more so it should work but it may be cutting it close.The 8800gs should have similar requirements.

I have an ea430, and it powers my 7900gs no problems, and it blows air out of the case, like most psu's.

I ask because i was going to get this dell upgrade ps from pcpower&cooling but i read it blows the exhaust air in the case... so it got me wondering. thanks

Just for reference, where did you read that it blows the air into the case? On Dells site, on PowerandCooling's site? That would be detremental to the components in the computer.

Just for reference, where did you read that it blows the air into the case? On Dells site, on PowerandCooling's site? That would be detremental to the components in the computer.
I think it was this from newegg reviews;

"Cons: The only thing I don't like about this supply is that it doesn't draw air from below it draws from the back of the p/s case which tends to make my proc run a little hotter.It doesn't move air inside the case like my old one."

I read it again and it doesnt say blows in, lol. I havent seen a power supply fan blow into the case either. I must have been out of it when i read that. My bad.

LOL, still means roughly the same thing, but that's a user review, who know if he's on crack or not, you gotta take the reviews with a grain of salt so to speak. Now if an actual company did the review, or it stated that the fan blew in towards the case, then I would raise an eyebrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom