Uninstall DeepFreeze6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryoka

Solid State Member
Hi, i've got a problem when uninstall deepfreeze 6 workstation...
it's said that i must disable deepfreeze process if want to uninstall it... BUT how i can disable it while there isn't any menu when i click on its tray icon...

i've try that but it's won't work too....

i've also tried to kill the process tree using proces explorer and delete the registry key and also deepfrz.sys, but it still said that deepfreeze MUST BE DISABLE first.. :confused: :confused:

someone told me that it can be uninstalled by force with uninstall tool - yet i don't know what it is -, my installed YourUninstaller2008 can't do that...

Yeah, I've had this problem with DeepFreeze before.... horrible program IMO.

I was able to find registry keys in Safe Mode, there were around 20 of them.

I guess in worst case scenario, back all your data up, and wipe it. Of course, that's if all else fails.

.....when in safe mode, DF shouldn't even start. If that didn't work, I'm really not sure what the problem is.

The only real advice I guess I have is make sure you have all the registry keys gone, and don't ever use DeepFreeze again. :)

You can also try uninstalling it with CCleaner. It has a uninstaller that should help you clean the registry entries as well. The Revo that i linked to will get rid of them as well.

The easiest way to uninstall deepfreeze is to use the masterstation that created the freeze file that you installed on that computer and unfreeze it on your LAN...

OK.. Finally i get an answer for this problem thanx to my friend....

Well the reason why i can uninstall it and it said need to be disabled first IS because it should be THAWED first....
to change to thawed mode just press 'SHIFT'+double click on deepfreeze tray icon, or just press "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F6" and choose 'boot thawed'..
and now i can safely uninstall it..
After i know this, i won't uninstall it, because i still can add/remove programme or do my work or play games without affraid of lossing the saved file while i boot in thawed mode... :) :)

thanks guy for your help... ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom