DVD writer, black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

runescaper

Baseband Member
Hi, I just bought a LG DVD burner, model GSA-4081B. I hooked it up in the secondary connection along with my old cd-writer and assigned it as master and the old one as slave. After booting my computer, I could see that the bios recognized it. When I got to windows, 30 seconds later after it loaded, I get a black screen, stays there forever. I tried rebooted again and again but still same result. So I unhooked the dvd burner and the computer worked just fine. I took the burner over to my friend's and it worked. Can anyone help me?! Futureshop just tosses me around like a ball from line to line with no help :(
Thanks in advance

Have you tried disconnecting the other one and leaving your LG on. By the way, it's a great burner. I have it and it works like a charm. When you get it up and running, make sure you update your firmware.
You can also try and delete it from your hardware manager and restart. Maybe it was a faulty driver installation!!!

Yep, did what you said. It wasnt there in the hardware manager so I was like hmmm.... So I ran the LG one by it self, guess what, same thing. I called up LG, they were like ummmm , hmmmmm run it by itself. Did so again and learned something new.....computers dont change their minds often. They said install windows again, I didnt feel like it. So I took apart my whole system, everything out out out, cleaned the parts and case from dust and hooked up both LG and old burner. It worked :), windows didnt black out on me and it recognized the LG burner. wohoo. So I went on to update the firmware, updating....updating......asked to restart, i say yes. Cool, thinking of all the possibilities and capabilities of my burner wohoooo. windows loads up, boom black out. Okay.....stupid windows, might just be me. Thanks for your help and any more advice would be cooool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom