overlookers

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
i feel that there are two things that people overlook when building there own pc. that is the monitor and the ram. i don't want to be one of these guys so could you guys help me out? i need a good crt monitor that doesn't cost a fortune, and with the ram. what does the pctype matter? and is the lower latency better? or the higher. i only see higher with like in the 3 or 4's pc5000 or so.

in my opinion, Viewsonic p95F is the best monitor you'll find for the price, around 240 i think, also comes in black too

ViewSonic is the best monitors out there. And for the CAS latencies... The lower the better, however you should not go by them. Some of the newest modules have much higher CAS latencies, however the insanely high clock speed makes up for it.

k thanks for the help guys, i was thinking along the lines of corrsair xms series. i think i'm gonna get an athlon 64 3500 393 pin. i don't know what kind of mobo to get. what would be a good mobo for the price as well as the ram? is that a good cpu to get or is there a better one for less? i don't have much money to burn...after all, i am a teen hehehe.

edit: what makes a good monitor stand out from a bad? how can i tell what a bad monitor is and what a good monitor is?.

A good monitor has a high refresh rate for all resolutions. And should be able to support any resolution that your GPU does.

If you want the BEST motherboard for the 939, go with the ABIT AV8-Third Eye. I have used these motherboards and I know from experience. They are absolutely incredible and reliable. The best IMO.

Corsair XMS is the absolute perfect choice. If you are interested in overclocking, go with the XMS PRO. Guaranteed to clock to 500 Mhz while remaining completely stable.

P.S.: That is a good CPU. IMO only take the 939 if you are going to be using DUAL CHANNEL. 754 is more than enough, however the CPU architecture does not support DUAL CHANNEL.

what so great about dual chanel? can i live with out it? also, i don't think i'm going to oc my comp...not my first teehehehe. does the mobo have really good upgradeable ability for the future?

EDIT: agex...isn't that brook burke? if it isn't she is hot, who ever it is in your icon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom