Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. Maybe you can explain, whenever I am running a stress program like OCCT, the cpu clock will jump back and forth between 3.31 and 2.2, which is lower than stock. I have both E1ST and C1E disabled in the bios. I use HWMonitor, CPU-Z, Coretemp and they all give the same results. Is there something else I need to disable?

I honestly don't know, those are the main two options in the CMOS that would cause such.

IS there anything called spread spectrum or thermal monitering? Perhaps something called thermal design??

You could email tech support of the boards manufacturer and present the problem, as I know you already asked at this forum and noone could figure it out.

I don't remember seeing anything like that but then again I wasn't looking for anything like that.

I might give them a shout and see what they say.

Do you know is the VID listed in the bios and how do I get a pic of the bios? Do you think flashing, I think means upgrade, the bios will help?

The VID of your processor, any processor is stated in core temp.

Reading what the updated BIOS includes may help in deciding whether you need to flash it or not.

Processor: Q6600
Stepping: B
Revision: G0
VID: 1.200
Final Clock: 3.2 Ghz (356X 9)
Final Vcore: 1.2375Volts

Power supply: Corsair TX750W
MotherBoard: Evga 680i A1
RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 (DDR2 800 2 x 1 GB)
RAM Speed: 712 Mhz
Timmings: 5-5-5-17
RAM to FSB: 1:1
Final RAM Voltage: 1.9 Volts

Stress testing program: Prime95, OCCT, Gaming
Hour of Stability: 2.5, 1, 5 Hours
Idle Temparture: 40C
Max Load Temparture: 59C
Reason for Stress Test End: to run OCCT, to game, to sleep

Heatsink: Tuniq 120
Thermal Paste: AS5
Lapped Heatsink: Yes
Lapped Processor: Yes

ocpm6.png

its not final, still playing with voltage. and plan for temps to drop once i install new fans tomarrow. also gettin some better ram soon :)

stalin90, are you stable? The reason I ask is I am at 3.3ghz and my vcore is at 1.35. How do you have yours so low? I noticed that somebody on here is at 3.7ghz and their vcore is 1.37. Am I doing something wrong?

stalin90, are you stable? The reason I ask is I am at 3.3ghz and my vcore is at 1.35. How do you have yours so low? I noticed that somebody on here is at 3.7ghz and their vcore is 1.37. Am I doing something wrong?

everyones is going to be diff.
I need a lot of voltage to get past 3.3ghz, so it varies.

ocpm6.png

its not final, still playing with voltage. and plan for temps to drop once i install new fans tomarrow. also gettin some better ram soon :)

nice final clock. when you get that ram, at that low ram speed, you can deff lower your timings way down. get some tracers :D

ocpm6.png

u need to push it your vid is 1.20 that is sligltly lower then mine.

thx guys

i have a low vid and also when i say im playin with the voltages i mean im lowering them still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom