xfx 9600 gt xxx compatibility issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki282

Solid State Member
Hi, i recently upgraded to a xfx 9600 gt xxx graphics card and with it installed my PC keeps crashing.

I have a Winfast NF4SK8AA-8EKRS Motherboard With an AMD 3200 CPU and 2gb of RAM.

I am looking to upgrade these core components however I am not sure if the card is faulty or wether its just that its not compatible with my motherboard as when i reinstalled my old card which is a xfx 7600 gt xxx everthing works fine.

Please could somebody help me with this. Thanks.

Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

It could be your power supply, not providing a sufficient amount of power. What is the wattage and amperage on the +12v rail of your PSU? Details are on the label of it.

Hi, Its a Tagen BZ Series 600w PSU with Max. Output Current +12v1, +12v2, +12v3, +12v4 all at 20a and 48a and the -12v is 0.8a.

hope that helps. Thanks.

hmm...That way more than enough power. Did you connect the PCIe power cable from the PSU to the graphic card? And how about drivers? Installed the latest?

And can you descbribe the crashings? Like when does it crash?

Yes i did all that.

*edit*
with regard to the crashes it works fine then when i do something like browse an internet page or move windows the pc just freezes cant move the mouse or press Ctrl, Alt, Del or anything just have to press the reset button.

*edit*
all the latest drivers are installed

hmmm...It seems then, that the 9600GT is the one with the problem, since your older graphic card works fine. It should be compatible too. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Try reinstalling it. Uninstall the drivers first, using driver cleaner pro. Then take out the 7600, and put in the 9600GT, and then reinstall the latest drivers again. That's what I would of done.

Please don't double or triple post.

ok I will try that and keep you updated. Please give me a few hours as i need to go out now, if possible could you private message me with your email so i can get back to you.

Thank you so much for all your help and sorry about triple posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom