Samsung 245BW, 24" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the Samsung 245BW 24" monitor today at Costco for $399. I've been looking at it for a couple weeks now and today the wife gave the go ahead for me to buy it. Its still in the box but I plan on plugging it in tomorrow. It looks really nice in the store and I'm sure it will look just as good on my desk. Its a nice upgrade from my 19".

Its been a busy weekend for me. I just finished building my first ever rig and it just fired up!!!:D

yes. haha, I been "drooling" in the same store. But still will look at some other monitors.

What if go a little bit more and get 28"
like.. maybe this one
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

--
Or do you think contrast ratio on Samsung will make bigger difference?

I just purchased the soyo 24" and will be sending back for a refund. Looked great at first then had problems with it shutting off and wont come back on for like 2-3 minutes. I heard from the reviews it is kindof a hit and miss buy.

Well, I am not sure about performance.. but Soyo looks a bit ugly..

Ya, the only way to buy the soyo is from officemax b&m so you can return it ifyou get a crappy one. I got lucky and got a good one i guess.

yes. haha, I been "drooling" in the same store. But still will look at some other monitors.

What if go a little bit more and get 28"
like.. maybe this one
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

--
Or do you think contrast ratio on Samsung will make bigger difference?

I sit about 2 feet away from my monitor so the 24" I think is just perfect. I love this Samsung and it looks beautiful. I'm very happy with it.

P4060010.jpg

i have the 226bw and it's very nice. My only complaint is the lack of vertical adjustments and the screen tends to tilt back slightly. Problems with this is although the horizontal visible range is great the vertical is not so much so and tends to fade at the slightest difference in viewing height, but this can be fixed simply by placing a book under the back of the stand to tilt it forward a little. My problem is im kinda short and tend to slounch down into my chair when watching video so bugs me sometimes but that's just me.

I dont know about the 245bw but the 226 bw is really a 6bit being advertised as offering the color of an 8 bit.
Samsung 226BW - Lauren Barnard - Maximum PC

Personally, i rarely notice the difference and love the model. Besides the vertical issues there aren't many cons from my point of view. And there is the obvious that it's quite aesthetically pleasing with it's design.

Another thing you should look into is if there is issues with the series. For the 226bw there were major quality issues on whether you got an "S", "C", or an "A" series. Basically what factory they were manufactured in. The "S" is reported as being great whereas the "A" was reported as having some issues with back lighting, dead pixels, and using parts that suggested a true response time of 5ms as opposed to the advertised 2ms. "C" series were pretty decent, in fact i think i have one. From what i understand the "C" series have bad out of the box color but after some tweaking you should get a picture as good as the "S." Should look into whether the 245bw also has that issue.

oh, and the 226bw performs pretty well at gaming, never noticed any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom