New Windows operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had a meeting with my MS rep (conference call actually) to discuss EoL for XP and Server 2003. Although he couldn't tell me with 100% certainty, he was very confident with his statement that 7 would be released prior to their start of their first quarter FY2010 (Which would indicate that it would be released before the holiday season in '09).

I knew that Vista took forever to get out and it was like 6 years before Microsoft finally released an upgrade to XP.

But most likely the release is for businesses? Consumer release in 2010. Any other useful info in regards to the new OS at the meeting?

vista was scrapped and completely redone about halfway through, so it took twice as long as it should have.

This is so old. I have stated this several times. They have jsut hit Milestone 2 of the new version of Windows. That is still 3 or more steps away from the Beta stages which is still several steps away from RC stages which is at least 3 steps away from RTM.

It took Vista over a year to get thru the Beta stages and to RTM. There is no way that Microsoft will get thru Milestone, Beta and RC in a year. It took them 16 months with Vista. Even if they started now they would be lucky to hit Windows 7 release berfore December of next year.

Do not believe the junk written by them. They are just trying to get attention for their magazine. Microsoft's offical release date was 2010. Anything other than that is strictly speculation.

I knew that Vista took forever to get out and it was like 6 years before Microsoft finally released an upgrade to XP.

But most likely the release is for businesses? Consumer release in 2010. Any other useful info in regards to the new OS at the meeting?
There is no info cause there has been no info released. Anything that has been said to people is under a strict NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). I know i have one myself. I can say that anything before 2010, the official date Microsoft has set, is purely speculation. Any info on Windows 7 right now is just speculation. Nothing has been offically stated by Microsoft otherwise.

Lol, are you still using Windows 98? I hope it's Second Edition at least, hehe.

I've got one system still running WIndows XP, while the other one using Vista.

Why? I have several software that WILL NOT RUN with Vista installed. No matter how hard I try to find compatibility, it just doesn't cut it in Vista. Sucks.

Which apps? I might now of some great alternatives or how to get them working.

For one thing, my D-Link adapter won't work in Vista. I have a much older model. Their newer ones are Vista compatible, but not my G122 model. I've seen ways on getting around it (supposedly, there's a Vista beta driver for it--but I have yet to see it). Got to have Internet.

I also use PCAnywhere 12 and that doesn't work too well in Vista.

The Logitech G15 keyboard works, but some of the button functionality doesn't work. Not too much of a deal for the most part, but it would be nice for everything to work the way they're suppose to.

Plus, the USB functionality craps out whenever I install Vista, but works well in XP. It's like everytime I try plugging in my USB flash drive or any other USB device, the balloon pops up saying that USB failed to be recognized due to hardware problem or something like that. I probably need new motherboard drivers or something because I'm still using an ancient nforce4 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom