Vista Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonUser

Beta member
Hi All,

I am having a few issues and I am not sure if it is related to Vista, a virus or something else.

The 1st problem I am having is when I go into excel,word or IE the help screen pops up when I open the application without any prompt from me.

The 2nd problem I am having is in Outlook. Every piece of mail I am trying to send is getting caught up in the outbox and never sending. I tried deleting the mail in the outbox and restarting, however the next piece of mail just goes right back to the outbox.

Norton came with this laptop and I have updated and run, but nothing shows for any viruses. Was considering changing out to Kaspersky PC Shield instead which I use on another laptop.

Thanks very much.

1. Sounds as if the shortcuts being used have hook on them. Check for spyware with the Virus section and Osiris's guide.

2. Sounds like your Outlook isnt setup right to send outgoing mail.

Thanks Makaveli. I will check the spyware and virus section for the 1st problem.

For the email problem, I was actually sending emails just fine and one day this just started happening. Sorry I probably should have given more details on that. I have had the problem before where a stalled piece of a mail that had an error sending had to be deleted before I could send again, but in this case that isnt working either.

Which version of Office are you using? Have you got all the updates/service packs for that version of office? To me it sounds as if you are missing a update that allows outlook to connect to the mail server on the ports needed. Sounds like it should be sending thru ports 465 or 487 and it isnt working right.

Let me know if you got any of the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom