Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say it's the better overclocker, but it will be able to overclock a little higher, due to it's higher stock speed. But a overclocking set of 800, can easily overclock past that too, plus being cheaper. And the speed of RAM over 1066 in my opinion isn't needed, as it doesn't have much affect in gaming or apps, except for memory benchmarks.

FSBs when overclocking, don't usually hit that high anyway, to match the speed of the RAM.

Does the Hard Drive slow down when most of the space is used?

What is EPP 1.0?

Does the onboard sound good on the XFX 780i?

The hard drive doesn't slow down, but the OS might, when most of the space is used.

EPP stands for Enhanced Performance Profile. It is Nvidia's performance technique for memory, to make overclocking easier. It's also known as SLI-Ready memory. To use EPP memory, the motherboard has to support it too.

The hard drive doesn't slow down, but the OS might, when most of the space is used.

EPP stands for Enhanced Performance Profile. It is Nvidia's performance technique for memory, to make overclocking easier. It's also known as SLI-Ready memory. To use EPP memory, the motherboard has to support it too.

So I should get 2 Hard drives so the OS doesnt slow down since lots of space is gonna be used for the games.

Does the memory have to support it also?

I don't think it'll slow down enough, that it will really be noticed, but you can if you want to.

The memory would say if it has an EPP or if it's certified SLI-Ready.

I don't think it'll slow down enough, that it will really be noticed, but you can if you want to.

The memory would say if it has an EPP or if it's certified SLI-Ready.

Does the Crucial Ballistix have EPP? If not which one do?

Is the onboard sound card in the 780i good? Same as a dedicated sound card?

onboard sound is usually good unless your an audiophile. and i don't belive the ballistix are epp, but just look on newegg for "sli" ready thing in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom