Gaming Rig for AoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I'm building a computer for a family member and he is wanting it primarily for Age of Conan that is set to come out in Mid May. He has giving me a $1,000 budget and needs a complete build, Tower, Monitor, OS the works. He can go without a keyboard and speakers/Headphones. But other than that he is looking for it all. If any of you can help me find the right prices, i looked around Newegg and could only get it down to about 1200.

Case
Mobo
CPU
PSU
Ram
Hard drive
CD/DVD
Monitor
GPU
Heatsink that will fit in the case.

Case - Your/his choice...
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3L
Memory - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers DDR2-800
Graphics cards - EVGA 9600GT 512MB
Power supply - Corsair 550VX
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB
Optical drive - Samsung 20X SATA DVD Burner
Monitor - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM or XP Home OEM

Total comes to $899.91 without shipping, and case (more of a personal preference, so that's why I didn't suggest one).

That Palit looks to be a good price, especially after MIR. But I'd consider EVGA over Palit, because of their reputation as the top brand for Nvidia cards, as well as their superior warranty.

I'll add XP to the list for choices.

Newegg reviews are stupid, and are not to be trusted.

He doesn't need the E4700, when the E4500 can easily overclock past that, and be cheaper.

Newegg reviews are stupid, and are not to be trusted.

He doesn't need the E4700, when the E4500 can easily overclock past that, and be cheaper.

I don't know enough about overclocking but if thats the case how high does the 4700 overclock. I wouldn't think its LESS than the other one. Unless its the same.

Also he didn't mention overclocking did he. Its kind of important to know whether or not he intends to overclock it isn't it?

The E4700 can overclock further, because it has a higher multiplier. And even if he doesn't intend to overclock, a 400MHz difference between the processors' stock speeds, isn't significant enough to be noticed, by let's say the average user.

I just think it's better to get the EVGA over the Palit, because of their reputation and warranty service. Most members here would probably pick EVGA over Palit too.

The E4700 can overclock further, because it has a higher multiplier. And even if he doesn't intend to overclock, a 400MHz difference between the processors' stock speeds, isn't significant enough to be noticed, by let's say the average user.

I just think it's better to get the EVGA over the Palit, because of their reputation and warranty service. Most members here would probably pick EVGA over Palit too.

Probably.

A 20% (actually %18.18 repeating) increase in processor speed really doesn't make a noticeable difference? I thought it would since it seems like a significant percentage but then computers are weird like that.

Thx you guys that list helped me narrow my search. The game recommends a dual core 2.4 but im sure i can OC it to about a 2.4-2.6 without having to worry about the Vcore or temps. and if all else fails we can pay a little bit more for the E4700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom