Ordering a Seagate today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
And I have a question.....I probably have about 10 to 20 GB of data I want to transfer over, not much music but I would like my NES, Super NES, and N64 library transfered over, some saved game files for GH3 and Crysis, and some other games.

Is it possible to take the new hard drive, put it in my comp (will I have to removed the old HDD when I am doing this?), install windows, and then transfer files over? They won't be in RAID so I should be able to access the old HDD in Windows. Also, will I run into a problem installing the same Windows on this new HDD while it is still on the old one?

If not, what would be the best route to go with this? I can burn it to a DVD.....but I can't really think of any other solution.

*edit*
Also, I just saw this......what is the Seagate ES.2? I have never heard anyone talk about them on here.

You don't have to remove the old hard drive. Just make sure that it is not of first priority or master, when installing Windows on the new hard drive. After you're settled, just drag the files you want to transfer, from the old to the new. And that's it.

The ES editions of the Seagate drives, are enterprise editions for enterprises/companies. They are of higher standards, such as being more suited in a RAID environment, less power consumption, more reliability, and tweaked for server performance workloads. Which is what a company would want in their servers.

Good to know, thanks guys. Its just for my gaming computer so I will go with the cheaper 7200.11 drive.

Bout time I upgraded, I am sick of deleting stuff off my 80 GB drive......Crysis, COD4, HL2 + 10 or so mods, and GH3 take up quite a bit of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom