8800 GTX Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacehxc

Solid State Member
Hello, I just built a PC and am having difficulty with the video card. I installed my OS and some programs and everything was working fine, and then I went to play Team Fortress 2 and started having problems. For about the first 5 minutes everything looked great, and I was running about 70 fps, but then vertical lines started appearing on my screen, and after about 10 seconds my monitor stopped getting a signal. This seems odd because BEfore I played any games on this computer I ran the 3Dmark program which runs a series of very detailed graphical situations for about 10 minutes and the video card performed great. I restarted, and everything is still working fine, but I'm not going to try to play any other games until I figure out what is going on. I'm running windows vista ultimate, geforce 8800 gtx, 4gb ram, intel quad processor, an aftermarket heat sync, and a 700W power supply. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

make sure the card is in the slot good, and that the power connections are good, also make sure your monitor cord is tight.

also, make sure you are running the current drivers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom