3DMark06 with 5000BE = 1600?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tuniq, i also lapped my cpu too. and in all honisty it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be it didnt take but a hour, and it goes by alot faster if u have a radio

edit: sence it would be a TRUE that you would be lapping i bet you would see a better preformace increase. also check out autozone for sand paper i found a veriety pack of 220, 400, 800, and 1000 for $4, if you want to go higher i went to O'reillys too they had some 1500 but were selling it only in packs and were charging $10 for the pack. id say just check out some auto parts stores and see what they have because thats the only place you will find over 600 grit besides the internet.

Lol i have more sandpaper than i need...and should be a quick sand with my desk top disc sander.

don't use a sander, do it by hand. i have the feeling it could end very badly if you use an electric sander.

also the xigmatek one is a direct heat pipe design, so i'm not sure if you can lap it like you can the true.

ya a sander would be... very bad, it would be very uneven and worsen its temp preformance, you have to do it by hand on a very flat serface, i used a glass pain

Is a bench sander, so is stationary and variable speed. A quick jig out of some scrap wood would hold the cooler in place, would be superior to doing it by hand.

Lol, I would never dream of doing it with a hand sander, would be funny to watch tho.

still i wouldnt do it.

Lol, now that's an invite to give it a try if I've ever had one...

I do a fair amount of precision metal and wood work, i've done very fine sanding and polishing like this before. Just depends on the shape of the item and if I can quickly put together a jig that will clamp it perfectly perpendicular to the work surface. Anyways, will have to wait and see it and won't be ordering for a couple of weeks and building for a month or so still. I'll be sure to let you know how it works if I go down that road.

[edit]Off the top of my head I have a bunch between coarse 40 to 2000 grit for stone work[/edit]

you could do that if you really wanted to put that much time and effort into it then i guess it could come out really good.

That's what I mean...if its a quick jig make up I'll be done in 20-25 minutes....the problem is ensuring its perfectly perpendicular to the wheel, if the jig take any significant amount of time to throw together then there is no point. Will have to see what it looks like when I open it up.

[edit]and yeah...that's very possible, they aren't exactly conventional shapes...lol, so maybe you win :p i'll let you know if it works out once I get it in my hands.[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom