3DMark06 with 5000BE = 1600?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Lol, so survived my first stroke...previous score was over 11k with my 3600+ then swapped in the 5000+ and decided to bench before OCing...got 1600! (Yeah, you read that correctly, sixteen hundred...not thousand!)

Ripped the side off my case and then saw the problem...totally forgot I sold by 8800gts last month and swapped in a 7300gt in the meanwhile.

WOW: R-E-L-I-E-F

Anyways, while i start looking for good deals on new cards I've been wondering if I should upgrade my CPU cooler. Have the AC 64 right now and figuring maybe its time to upgrade to the tuniq... how much of a performance upgrade will I see for my $60? The AC 64 would still go to good use as my 3600+ only has the stock cooler on it in my wifes system....just wondering how much of a performance upgrade it will be...or is it really just going to be aesthetics.

NCIX.com - Buy Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120 AM2 LGA775 S754 S939 S940 Heatpipe Cooler 120MM Blue LED Fan CPU Heatsink - T-120-LFB In Canada.

Other coolers I should consider?

Hard to find that puppy in Canada...i've heard the TRUE needs to be lapped to really unleash its potential.

I just ran the virtual version on my government office puter and it scored N/A. Futuremark could only locate one other puter on the planet that wasn't as lame as this one and so it no basis for comparison. ROFL!!!!!

OCPulse Heatsink Showdown! Comprehensive Air Cooling Roundup - Benchmark Reviews Discussion Forum
if you scroll down a bit there's a chart that shows the TRUE and the Xigmatek hdt-s1268, and the TRUE only has .5 C on idle, and 2.5 C on load. so I would say get the one i suggested because its lots cheaper then the TRUE and easier to find.

Looks good...now again, the in depth reviews i looked at mentioned the TRUE to have a rough finish and therefore significantly improving upon being lapped. Can anyone confirm this?

stalin just posted a thread about his first lap which dropped his temps by 5 C when he used up to 1k grit

(I think it was a TRUE... or was it?)

tuniq, i also lapped my cpu too. and in all honisty it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be it didnt take but a hour, and it goes by alot faster if u have a radio

edit: sence it would be a TRUE that you would be lapping i bet you would see a better preformace increase. also check out autozone for sand paper i found a veriety pack of 220, 400, 800, and 1000 for $4, if you want to go higher i went to O'reillys too they had some 1500 but were selling it only in packs and were charging $10 for the pack. id say just check out some auto parts stores and see what they have because thats the only place you will find over 600 grit besides the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom