Need Everybody's Help with Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Okay, here is the deal, I am not going to wait any longer on the next great new video card to come out, or i will be waiting forever, lol.

I am glad I have waited untill now. This ATI X1900XTX has served me very well, and has been one heck of a card, and still is. But it is time to move on.

I am thinking about switching over to the GREEN side this time around, my last 2 cards have been RED.

This is what I want my card to do...play all the latest games at 1680x1050 with some AA on them!! Yes, because I can tell when its not on , even at 1680X1050.

I also want to be able to play Crysis at 1680X1050, even if i have to turn settings down abit and no AA....but would like at least resonable frames at that rez.

I am debating between the following cards, and I really don't want to sli, if a single GPU can handle my situation.

1. 9800GTX
2. 8800 GTX {coz i really like AA, and the extra memory on this card}
3. 8800GTS 92
4. 3870X2
5. 9800X2 { I dont think I will need this...Is it as bad as SLI, or will every game use this card to its fullest....it would be nice If I ever wanted to go to 1900X1200}

Anyways, help me out here, I am not sure what card I want....I have like 8 new video games sitting here that I have won off e-bay....waiting for my new card.

All help will be very much appreciated....I am only caring about GAMING performance only.....I could care less about other benchmarks..

personaly, the 9800GTX is my card of choice right now. I'm offering it an many customer's builds, and I am very surprised at what it can do.

SLI is always an option in the future of course, but I don't really think you'll need it right now.

By the way. Good decision going GREEN :)

Unless you turn the AA up to absurd levels, the 9800GTX outperforms the 8800GTX while running cooler and using less power. And as you stated, the GX2 is overkill for 1680x1050 res.

3 votes for the 9800GTX so far.

If anybody else has any input on this, i would really love to hear it.

8800gts g92, performs about the same as the 9800gtx unless you want Tri-SLI and such..

Do these warranty's sound right to you guys?

BFG Lifetime warranty and 100 day step-up program

XFX Double Lifetime warranty, even if you sell your card the warranty carries over.

EVGA 90 day Step-up and a limited lifetime warranty on some cards, and a 3 year warranty on others?

I am thinking i want a card from one of these manufacturer's.

They are all identical in price.

9800GTX will be awesome but you might be able to find some very good deals on used 8800GTXs.

EVGA always had the best factory overclocked products though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom