Greetings and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

markh777

Beta member
Greetings,
I am a 44 year old computer gaming nit..lol. I am always looking for free and better ways to improve my computer and gaming. For instance, I have a Compaq Presario SR2014HM AMD Sempron 3400+, with 1278mb ram, a NVidia GeForce 7200GS/7300SE card I am not sure what drivers to update for the card because everytime I use Nvidia's driver detection program they teel me to get X, I install X, and my graphics are screwed until I roll back the drivers. I would also like to update the Bios and have gone to the site (Nvidia mobo) and I didn't understand a thing about what to do for fear of hurting my system. My card gets hot, so I put a fan next to it but still I get around 63c while playing LOTRO or other high graphic games. I have no security (well adaware 2007 and spybot and spyblaster) because I try thr free programs like AVG or AntiVir and they use up resources while I'm plaing games . When I turn them off, the game goes much smoother. I am financially strapped, aint we all, so I have to rely on free and open source programs. There is a bit of my "needs" in a nutshell, I hope someone out there with real expertise can help me out. Thank you.

Hey markh777!

(wish people would say where they're from ;) )

You will have more luck posting your query in the appropriate section of the forums...just a tip ;)

Thumbs up for taking the Open Source route!

nice to see you! Welcome to TF!

post your stuff in the appropriate section, and we will be HAPPY to help yoU!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS...yep the new member intruduction is not for problems, just post it in the right section and you will get many usefull responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom