Samsung 710T LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someguy

Solid State Member
I just ordered a new computer and I'm looking for an LCD monitor. I'm already sold on the idea of LCD because of the lack of space in a dorm. However I do play games so not just any LCD is gonna do...

Best LCD (on paper at least) I've seen has been the Samsung 710T which has a 17' display, 600:1 contrast ratio, 12 ms response, it pivots, and its priced under $500 at monitorsdirect.com (oh, and it supports digital AND analog). However I hvae never seen this monitor in action before so for all I know its crap.

Anyone have any personal experiences with this monitor or any monitor like it you'd personally vouch for?

there are only 3 panel manufacturers

1: Philips/LG (both into combined manufacturing)
2: Samsung
3: Sony

all other monitors u see around are based on these panels, regardless of manufacturers. as if the panel manufacturer has made the TFT, means it should have to be worthful. secondaly, are you sure its 12ms responce?

it's more like $430 on newegg isn't it? I was looking at the Samsung 710 something and it was about there ( I don't know if it had the digital connection though), i was also very impressed with its specs and would like one, please let me know how it performs in the store. Thanks!

Went to the store today but the 710T wasn't there. I did see about 15 other monitors tho including some that were pretty close.

Sony's monitors looked really good but Circuit City didn't have the specs on ANY of them.

There was one Samsung monitor, the 712N, at Best Buy that was extremely close to the 710T spec-wise except it was analog only.

Most monitors there were in the 25 ms response range with a few 16s and like one 12.

None of the monitors really looked bad and I didn't see any noticable problems from what they were doing. Some were playing movie trailers, others playing a "CRT Vs. LCD" power point presentation, and some I was just able to mess around with normally. From what I saw even the cheaper, low response monitors were still pretty nice so buying a monitor with decent price tag and good specs is a pretty good bet.

Oh I did notice the difference between the regular and the no glare monitors so that looks like a must...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom