Ddr3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakaggo

Idealist Gamer
So how long do you think it'll be before DDR3 drops down to a more reasonable price?

Its been out for a while and its still more than double what DDR2 costs. Is DDR2 just cheap? I can't really say I know a ton about the current RAM market but it seems like at this rate, by the time we can easily afford DDR3, DDR4 will be coming out.

It took DDR2 a couple of years to get cheap. Same will happen with DDR3.

Dakaggo said:
...it seems like at this rate, by the time we can easily afford DDR3, DDR4 will be coming out.
That's how it is. When new technology is almost ready to release, they drop the prices of the current.

id say another year and a half, prob more...the only prob with the tech market being very fast noclue is once you get a high end system its not high end in a few months.

Do you think in about a year they'll have DDR2 mobos that are actually new and up to date on everything else?

id say another year and a half, prob more...the only prob with the tech market being very fast noclue is once you get a high end system its not high end in a few months.

yeah, I know.. but it is fun to keep updating it...

DDR3 is actually starting to come down a bit already. Once the nehalem boards/chips come out and -only- support ddr3, prices should be more reasonable, or at least the speeds will justify the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom