Auto-ck scan not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE138301

Baseband Member
all of a sudden, my computer keeps starting and restarting. i will get the message " auto-ck program not found. help!

It is tryin to do a check disk scan.

Have you tried Safe Mode or going into last know good configuration?

Try a repair install with the XP CD. This is XP right?

Do you have boot from CD before boot from hard drive setup in your BIOS?

OKAY,how do i just go and erase everything on the harddrive? it just keeps rebotting and rebotting and I am just tired of it. Even with the windows cd, still doing the same. cannot do a darn thing on it. ready to erase everthing.

Well you will need to boot into the Windows CD to format. So again do yo have your boot priorities setup right? IS is set to boot from CD before hard drive?

If not then you will have to fix that. Cause if you can not boot to the Windows CD you will not be able to boot to the only other LiveCD that can format the drive for you.

When you first fire up your PC you should see your BIOS screen. On there it should say something like Hit "XXXX" key to enter setup. Each PC is different. So it could be Delete Key or F2 or Alt or anything. Look for that message and hit that button.

After you get into the BIOS, a big DOS looking screen that is mostly blue (See screenshot below) you will want to find the Boot option. There it will show you the boot order of your PC. You will want to adjust it so that the CD ROM drive is above the Hard Drive setting. Then save and exit. There you should get the message with the XP CD in to Hit any Key to boot from CD message.

BIOS looking screen: (Yours will be different)

http://www.blendsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/bios.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom