Dell system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakypants

Baseband Member
So recently a family member bought me a Dell Inspiron 530s and I'm not saying the computer is at all terrible its great for everyday tasks and light gaming. I was wondering what is the highest graphics card i can upgrade the system to, taken that I HAVE NOT REPLACED ANYTHING and the system is still the way i got it. heres a link to the specs ZDNet Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer (Intel Pentium dual-core processor E2160 1.80GHz, 320GB HDD, 2GB RAM) Review & Comparison

thanks in advance for those who help or try to help.

!!!!WELCOME TO T-F!!!!!

well my guess it has a pcieX 16 slot so you have a wide range of upgrades available. But i bet that dell came with a 250-300W psu.

So if you want a good high end gpu, you will have to get a new psu.

You could get the latest cards, but that cpu might end up bottlenecking you since you cant overclock and your mobo has locked your bios.

Whats your budget and what kind of games do you play?

i wouldn't assume it has a pciex16 slot...(though krazyq is probably right and it will)...open it up and see.
we can help you figure out if it does.
and also the specs on your psu will likely be listed on the side of it.

Ok so a new psu and 9600 and cooling fan to be on the safwe side?

yep...and your good to go!
unless you wanna switch out your mobo....so then you can oc your cpu higher...to like 3ghz or maybe even higher....but that would end up voiding warranty yeh...just stick with the gpu, psu and extra fan to cool your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom