Sometimes PC doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
Ever since i got my razer tarantula sometimes my computer doesn't boot up, when it finally does, its like a CMOS reset. anyone experience a similar problem like this?

yes it did, whatever came with the disc was installed and updated...its like drivers so i can set custom keys

It is most likely a hardware problem which can be annoying because I know many external hard drives, floppy disks and sd,ms,mmc memory cards wont allow windows to boot up. just go to the razer site and get the support drivers if you haven't uninstall the keyboard and then reinstall it. If that doesn't solve the problem check out the knowledge base at the razer site and they should give you an answer. It is most likely a hardware failure which happens from time to time.

I think my pc has officially crapped out...My computer runs fine with no problems when it is on, i can stress test, play crysis, do everything normal when it is on...however if i shut it down for more then a few hours, it will not turn on. But if it was on and i restarted it, it would boot up just fine. I used to be able to fix this problem by moving the ram slots to different dims and resetting the CMOS, however at this moment it will not turn on no matter what i do...i took everything apart and put everything back together to see what could be loose, and nothing...any ideas?

E6600 - MSI P6N SLI Plat - 2GB G.SKILL HZ - 8800GTS 640MB - Corsair 520HX

So it just won't post or are you totally dead? Have you tested the PSU at all? You should probly replace that CMOS battery, too. If you don't have a 2025 battery laying around they're about $2-3 almost anywhere.

it was completely dead, the battery is still good...i bought a backup pair of RAM and it boots just fine now...my G.SKILL HZ's died on me and are getting RMA'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom