Phenom 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
Just installed the phenom 9600 in my crosshair with bios 0904 to support this processor. All works well but a couple of things i was wondering:
compared to my amdX2 6400, my windows index went from 5.4 to 5.2.... no biggie though... but I opened up cpu-z and its showing core speed of 1155.6 ,bus speed of 201.9 and HT link of 201.9... are these numbers right or am I just confused with the quad? i thought the core speed should be at 2300mhz but i dunno... can someone clarify this for me?

nvm I got t... Just had to reload factory defaults on mobo with new cpu...

nvm again.. ive got the core speed to 2300mhz but i cant get the HT link to come to around 1000mhz like it should be stock right? or am I confused with this quad core? any help is appreciated

the HT multi needs to be set at 5x
it's set at 1x at the moment, hence the identical speeds of the clock(bus) and the HT link.
or, your bios could be reporting it wrong.

Ive got cool and quiet disabled and the HT multi is off auto and set to 5x. Even if I move the multi around it doesnt change... I mainly use cpu-z for checking this and coretemp for both temps and freq. Are there any other programs you guys recommend to make sure its not just a software issue?

everest.
ntune.
there are others, but i think both of those will show hypertransport bus speed.
run superpi 1M and tell me your result.
it probably is a bug in the asus bios.

well i just decided to put back in my old AMDX2 6400... when i did that i saw my HT link didnt change one bit when it used to be at 1000mhz... so im thinking when i flasjed the bios with 0904 revision the problem musy be in there. But ive noticed that even with the phenom oc'ed the 6400 is still quite a bit faster for what I use it for... maybe ill use it in a future build but Im thinking the q6600 for my next one

thanks for the replies ill check into the 9850 and the bios 0804 was told i had to go with the 0904 bios for the phenom to work but ill do some more testing soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom