cd-rom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure it's jumpered correctly as Master if it's the sole device on IDE 2. If it's on IDE 1, make sure it's set to Slave. If that does not work, swap out the cables w/ a known good one and see if that works.

Droot depending on how badly you wanna get this working, I have another suggestion.

You could set it as 'Slave' device on IDE 1. Go into your system BIOS and instead of booting to the HDD, have it boot from the CD-ROM first. Reboot the system with a bootable CD like Win98/W2K/ XP... if the system boots to the CD properly, you then know atleas the CD drive is working properly and narrow it down the problem to IDE channel 2 or the Cable.

The other thing is that I noticed on Lite-On's website that there is a firmware update for your model. You can get it here:

http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download_cdrw.htm

lone you saved me :):):):) i set it as a slave and booted up on my xp disc and it worked. so thank you very much :D

Happy Droot

W00t!! W00t!!... great persistence and nice job gettin it fixed. Now that you got it to work/recognized in Windows, you probably will not need to flash it, although you could if you wanted to. Look at that website again and see if it lists the updates contained in the flash.

yep thx to both of you with out the help i would hnot have been able to play doom 3 last night. but i did and its great.

*throws party for lone and placebo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom